work licensed under CC BY-NC 2.5 License © copyright Randall Munroe
MPD_sima is an non interactive MPD autoqueue client running in the background. It will queue new tracks chosen among artists similar to your current queued tracks, provided a title is found in your music library.
Similar artists are fetched from last.fm.
This client allows you to never run out of music when your queue is getting short.
Disclaimer: MPD_sima behaves better when your music library exposes
Please tag your file with MusicBrainz ID, Picard is a user friendly application to do it, Beets is also a neat application for that.
- html documentation: https://media.kaliko.me/sima/
- git clone https://gitlab.com/kaliko/sima.git
- issues/requests gitlab.com/kaliko/sima/issues
- python package pypi.org/project/MPD-sima/
- debian packages
- official packages.debian.org/mpd-sima
- unofficial Debian/Raspbian
- also available in raspbian, ubuntu, Arch/AUR and probably others.
The easiest and the cleanest, is, IMHO, to run a python virtual environment.
Python packages are available on PyPi. Installing within a virtualenv is easy then:
# create venv python3 -m venv mpd_sima-venv . ./mpd_sima-venv/bin/activate pip install MPD_sima mpd-sima --help
Packages might be available for your distribution, I’m only aware of Debian and Arch AUR.
A docker image might be up to date:
docker pull kaliko/sima
Please refer to documentation and dockerfile for configuration.
page last updated: Sat 04 Dec 2021