git clone git://git.kaliko.me/scrobblerserver.git
The project is an attempt to write a multi-user, multi-player server intended to record your music listening habits.
It is meant to be a floss alternative to Audioscrobbler/last.fm (for the logging part only, not considering the social platform, or the music recommendations system).
The project start quite simply from the need to maintain a log of music I was listening to and got some abstraction in the way.
- Not implementing last.fm API, start with something simpler (basic HTTP auth over ssl)
- Use MusicBrainz IDs when possible
- Serve basic statistics such as most played tracks|artists over a specific time range
- Logging might not be player dependant, off-line logging also possible (client side specifications)
Scrobbles might be retrieved for a specific artist, or over a specific time range.
The server is currently providing these statistics:
- Most played tracks
- Counting how many times an artist have been played